As part of our ongoing commitment to enhancing the bksbLIVE 2 online learning platform, we are delighted to announce an interface upgrade due for launch at 5.30pm on 1 June 2018. The changes will reflect feedback from users and follow the latest Google Material Design guidelines, offering a more user-friendly interface with quick and easy access to common features. However, the system itself will fundamentally remain the same, meaning little additional training will be required.
The bksb Tour events, which are free to attend and take place across seven cities in June, will have a focus on the update and provide users with the knowledge of how to navigate these changes. In addition to these, bksb is hosting free webinars from Monday 21st May aimed at showcasing the interface upgrade. Links to the tour and webinars can be found below. Please book your free places soon to avoid disappointment.
Some of the key changes made in the upgrade are:
- New design which follow the Google’s Material Design guidelines
- The top menu has been moved on the left hand side bar
- A floating button in the bottom right corner which can be used for primary actions such as “Add a new user” when you are viewing users page
- Tutors can customise their dashboard
- New tracking grid
- Users can select a theme for their account
- A header on many pages to provide more information about the page
- Little tags provide more information about an element
- New simplified archive manager with GDPR compliance
- Tooltips to provide more information about certain things when you hover over an element
- New simplified single course page (replaces the existing course and level summary page)
- More focus on student targets
- New feedback feature which will allow staff members to send feedback on a certain feature or report a bug with screenshot
Click on any of the images below to view the gallery.